Bag with Bow Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 22cm x 7.5cm x 17cm (Approximately 31cm with handle)
Skill level: ★★☆☆☆
- KaGOcraft's 15mm Craft Band
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Clips or Clothespins
- Starter tool kit
Prepare the Craft Band 15mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket Sweet Orange
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket Stitch Yayoi
- Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1 & 2 as shown. Make sure that all of the strips are centered. Glue the Support strips along both sides as shown.
Turn over, and glue Vertical strips along both sides as shown. Make sure they are centered.
Flip back to the front. Weave Vertical strips, alternating each row, as shown. Push out to either side. Again, make sure these strips are centered.
Weave the remaining Vertical strips as shown. Make sure the strips are centered.
- Glue the Reinforcement strips along the top and bottom as shown.
- Fold all of the strips upward.
Using a Weaving strip, place one end behind the second vertical strip and weave over and under. Use clothespins to help keep in place.
- Slightly fold corners to keep in place.
After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue.
Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
Using another weaving strip, weave the second row by starting at the third vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain even thickness.
Weave alternately. Repeat until 8 rows have been woven as shown.
- Weave the 9th row with accent color Weaving strip.
- Weave 3 more rows with Main color Weaving strip.
For all of the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward.
- Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into the third row from the top. Ends should be unseen.
Tuck one of the Rim reinforcement strips in between the top row and the remaining vertical strips.
- For all of the vertical strips in side of the top row, fold outward except accent color strip for handle and tuck them into 3rd row.
- Using the other Rim reinforcement strip, insert through every other vertical strip as shown. Hide the end with a vertical strip.
Make the handle of the basket using the long Vertical strips. Take one end and tuck down to the 4th row.
- Glue the handle strips together.
- Cut notches into one end of the remaining Bow strips and glue to the back of the bow.
Using the longest Bow strip, lightly fold both sides and glue as shown.
Wrap the second Bow strip around the center, hiding the seam.
- Glue the bow to the basket as shown and it's done!