Basic Herringbone Basket Herringbone Weave
Finished Dimensions: 22cm x 11cm x 7cm
Skill level: ★★☆☆☆
Prepare the Craft Band 13mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket Pastel Cookie
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket Peach Tree
Color C: Accent Color Paper Cord Braided
|8||Inner Rim strip||47cm||2||12||A|
|9||Outer Rim strip||48cm||1||Paper Cord||C|
1. Arrange all of the Horizontal Strips together as shown. Make sure all of the Horizontal Strips are centered and that the ends are aligned. Secure the strips with tape at 11cm from the left.
2. Insert one strip of Vertical Strip and weave under two, over two, and repeat from the bottom, as shown. Make sure the Vertical Strip is centered.
3. Weave the second column with another Vertical Strip. Again, starting at the bottom, weave over one, under two, over two, under two, over two, under two, and over one, as shown.
4.Weave the third column with another Vertical Strip, as shown.
5. Weave the fourth column with another Vertical Strip, as shown.
6. Weave four more strips of Vertical Strip by repeating Steps 2-5.
7. Weave four more strips of Vertical Strip by repeating Steps 2-5.
8. Weave the remaining four strips of Vertical Strip by repeating Steps 2-5.
9. Using a spray bottle with water, spray evenly and tighten the gaps between all of the vertical strips by pushing to the left. No gaps should remain.
10. Glue Support Strips on both sides, Reinforcement Strips along the top and bottom as shown.
11. Fold all of the strips upright.
12. Place one end of Weaving Strip behind the fourth vertical strip from the left corner. Weave to the right over two, under two, over two, under two and keep repeating this pattern until the row is complete. Use clothespins to help keep in place.
13. Finish weaving the first row, apply glue, then glue the ends together. Cut off any excess so that the ends are hidden.
14.To begin weaving the second row, start at the strip to the right of the starting point of the first row.
15. For the third row, start at the strip to the right of the starting point of the second row.
16. Weave a total of five rows in the same manner.
17. Gradually pull on the vertical strips to tighten any gaps remaining on the basket. Then fold all of the vertical strips over the rim. All of the strips on the outside should be folded inward, and all of the strips on the inside should be folded outward.
18. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into the second and third row from the top. Ends should be unseen.
19. Place inner Rim strip on the inside of the top row.
20. Glue outer Rim strip, paper cord braided, to the top row, and you're done!