Cross Stitch Pencil Tray Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 7.5 cm x 20 cm x 5cm
Skill level: ★★★☆☆
- KaGOcraft's 15mm Craft Band
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Clips or Clothespins
- Starter tool kit
Prepare the Craft Band 15mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket (Rain drop , Total 771cm)
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket (Pearl Gray, Total 250cm)
1.Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1 & 2 as shown. Make sure that all of the strips are centered. Glue the Support strips along both sides as shown.
2.Turn over, and glue Vertical strips along both sides as shown. Make sure they are centered.
3.Flip back to the front side. Take two of the vertical strips and weave as shown, alternating over and under.
4.Push them out to either side.
5.Weave rest of Vertical strip , taking care to reverse the over and under effect.
6.Glue the Reinforcement strips along the top and bottom as shown.
7.Fold all strips upward as shown.
8.Take a weaving strip and place the end behind the second vertical strip and secure with a clip or clothespin. Weave alternately, use clothespins to help keep in place.
9. After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue.
Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
10. Using a new Weaving strip, start the second row at the 3rd vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain an even thickness. Weave over and under.
11. Repeat weaving with the remaining Weaving strips as shown, until 3 rows are completed. Gradually pull the vertical strips to tighten the gaps between the rows.
12. For all of the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward, inside of the top row, outward.
13. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into 2nd and 3rd row from the top. Ends should be unseen.
14. Place Rim Strips on the inside and outside of the top row and clip them together.
15. Fold the Lacing Strip in half, and hang over the rim as shown. Use a clothespin to help keep it in place.
16. Wrap it at an angle as shown. It should wrap from under the top row, cross over where there is a vertical strip, and over the rim.
17. First wrap around the Rim Strips is complete.
18.Use the other side of lacing strip (B) to complete the lacing pattern. This time it should come over the rim, and down across the lacing strip from the previous step, and go under the top row.
19. Lace wrap around the Rim Strips is complete.
20. Apply glue to the end of Rim Lacing Strip and tuck into the rim.
21.Pull the strip and secure. Cut off excess.
Your Cross Stitch Pencil Tray as shown and it's done!
for more projects here
Ⓒ 2020 Kraftband Ecology Association. All Rights Reserved.