Mini Ribbon Square Box Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 7.5cm x 7.5cm x 4.5cm
Skill level: ★☆☆☆☆
Prepare the Craft Band 13mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket (pastel cookie, Total 329cm)
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket (rouge red, Total 54cm)
2. Turn over, and glue the Vertical strips along both sides as shown.
3. Flip back to the front side. Take the vertical strip and weave as shown, alternating over and under.
4. Make sure that all of the vertical strips are aligned, and glue the Support strip along the top and bottom as shown.
5. Fold all strips upward as shown. Take a weaving strip and place the end behind the 2nd vertical strip and secure with a clip or clothespin. Weave alternately, use clothespins to help keep in place.
6.Slightly fold corners to keep in place.
7. After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue. Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
8. Using an accent weaving strip, weave the second row by starting at the third vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain even thickness.
9. Weave alternately. This row should have the opposite effect of the first row.
10. Repeat until 3 rows have been woven as shown.
11. Vertical strips that are on the outside of the top row, fold inward, Inside of the top row, fold outward.
12. Cut all the vertical strips to1cm from the fold line.
13. Apply glue and attach all the vertical strips to the body of the basket.
14. Place inner Rim strip on the inside of the top row.
15. Cut the end of the outer Rim strip and glue it to the top row.
16.Take the longest(10) strip for the ribbon portion and glue the ends together. Flatten the middle portion, the seam should be in the middle. Then use the shorter (11)Bow strip to wrap around the middle to achieve the bow look and glue in the back.
17. Secure the bow to the basket with glue and you're done!
for more projects HERE
Ⓒ 2020 Kraftband Ecology Association. All Rights Reserved.