Nordic Star Ornament, Tree Topper, Winter Decoration Tutorial Craft Band
Get ready to decorate for the holidays by making this large size "Nordic Star"
Finished Dimensions: 27cm x 27cm
- Gorilla Wood Glue is highly recommended for best results.
- Under “Prepare the Craft Band” below, the strips are listed in the order they will be used.
- Different color strips are used in photos for the applicable step.
- Finished item may vary slightly in size from the dimensions above.
- At KaGOcraft, we prefer to use centimeters for our measurements instead of inches, as it’s more precise for our projects and will yield the best results in the finished item.
- KaGOcraft’s Craft Band, ★★ 13mm width
- Clips or Clothespins
- Spray Bottle with Water
Prepare the Craft Band
Strip ① 30cm x 12 pcs (5 thread width)
Strip ② 30cm x 24 pcs (5 thread width)
Hanging Strip 30cm x 1pc (3 thread width)
<★ Center> Using 2 strips of Strip ①, intersect the two strips at the center of both strips as shown, and secure with glue.
Place Strip ② both above and below the strip running horizontally indicated by ★, as shown. Do not leave any gaps between the strips. Secure with glue.
- Arrange two strips of Strip ② and one strip of Strip ① as shown, both above and below the horizontal strips as shown. Do not leave any gaps between the strips and secure with glue.
Arrange three strips of Strip ② and one strip of Strip ① to the right of the first vertical strip indicated by ★, as shown. Do not leave any gaps between the strips and secure with glue.
In the same manner, arrange three strips of Strip ② and one strip of Strip ① to the left of the first vertical strip indicated by ★, as shown. Do not leave any gaps between the strips and secure with glue.
Join the strips at one corner, as shown. The strips should swoop downward. ❈ The colors of strips A, B, C have been changed in the photo.
Secure the ends of strips A, B, and C, as shown, leaving 5mm between each strip and alternating securing at the front and the back.
Weave Strip D as shown, and secure the end 5mm from the corner on the back side.
Weave Strip E as shown, alternating the weave pattern of Strip D. Secure the end 5mm from the previous strip, on the front.
Weave Strip F in the same manner as Strip D, securing the end 5mm from the previous strip.
- Following the photo, secure the strips of the upper left corner.
- Following the photo, secure the strips of the bottom left and bottom right corners.
- With the remaining strips, make one more snowflake following the same steps. Once completed, arrange one diagonally on top of the other, so that the back sides face each other.
- Weave the loose center strip of the top snowflake through the corresponding petal grid of the bottom snowflake, as shown. Secure the end at the tip.
- Repeat with the remaining three strips of the top snowflake, then turn over and repeat with the other four strips.
Weave the Hanging Strip through one of the petals, form a loop, and secure with a knot. Completed!
Any question?for more projects hereⒸ 2020 Kraftband Ecology Association. All Rights Reserved.