Rectangular Basket Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 7.5cm x 25.5cm x 15.5cm
Skill level: ★☆☆☆☆
Prepare the Craft Band 13mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket Ajisai Total 1178cm
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket Violet Total 282cm
1. Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1, and 2 as shown. Make sure that all of the strips are centered.
2. Glue the Support strips along both sides as shown.
3.Turn over, and glue Vertical strips along both sides as shown. Make sure they are centered.
4. Flip back to the front side. Take two of the vertical strips and weave as shown, alternating over and under then push out to either side.
5.Weave remaining Vertical strips , taking care to reverse the over and under effect.
6. Glue the Reinforcement strips along the top and bottom as shown.
7. Fold all strips upward as shown.
8. Take a weaving strip and place the end behind the second vertical strip and secure with a clip or clothespin. Weave alternately, use clothespins to help keep in place.
11. Repeat weaving with the remaining Weaving strips as shown, until 4 rows are completed. Gradually pull the vertical strips to tighten the gaps between the rows.
12. Using a Weaving strip # to weave top row.
13. For all of the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward, inside of the top row, outward.
14. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into 2nd or 3rd row from the top.
Ends should be unseen.
15. Place Rim strip on the inside of the top row.
16. Glue Rim strip to the top row.
17. Take the Bow strip #9 for the ribbon portion and glue the ends together.
18. Flatten the middle portion, the seam should be in the middle. Then use the Bow strip #10 to wrap around the middle to achieve the bow look and glue in the back.
19. Secure the bow to the basket with glue and you're done!