Reindeer Paper Weaving Ornament Tutorial Craft Band
Weave this adorable reindeer with KaGOcraft’s Craft Band to adorn your Christmas tree!
- Gorilla Wood Glue is highly recommended for best results.
- Under “Prepare the Craft Band” below, the strips are listed in the order they will be used.
- Make certain to use the same width Craft Band when mixing colors,
- At KaGOcraft, we prefer to use centimeters for our measurements instead of inches, as it’s more precise for our projects and will yield the best results in the finished item.
- KaGOcraft’s Craft Band
- Clips or Clothespins
- Spray Bottle with Water
Prepare the Craft Band:
For one reindeer:
Strip ① 45cm x 3 pcs (4 thread width) Pastel Marron
Strip ② 30cm x 1 pc (4 thread width) Mocha
Strip ③ 30cm x 1 pc (4 thread width) Turquoise
For a slightly larger reindeer:
Strip ① 65cm x 3pcs (6 thread width) Pastel Marron
Strip ② 40cm x 1 pc (6 thread width) Mocha
Strip ③ 40cm x 1pc (6 thread width) Turquoise
- Using two strips of Strip ①, cross the two as shown, leaving about 5cm for the vertical strip above where the strips intersect.
- Fold the horizontal strip on either side down, so that they are flush with the vertical strip in the center.
- Use the remaining strip of Strip ① and tuck horizontally under the strips facing downward. The center of the strip should be at the vertical strip.
- Fold the horizontal strips on either side of the newly inserted strip down, so that they are flush with the strips facing downward.
- Weave Strips ② and ③ as shown, leaving about 10 cm on the left side for each strip. Spray evenly with water and close the gaps between the strips.
- Fold the downward facing strip on the left to the front and to the right, so that it is parallel to Strips ② and ③.
- Weave the strip folded in the previous step as shown. Repeat the same process with the remaining downward facing strips, making sure to alternate the weave pattern.
- Rotate 90° to the left. Starting with Strip ②, fold to the front downward, to the right. Follow with Strip ③. Weave as shown.
- Starting with the bottom most Strip ① on the right, fold four strips upward to the left. The strips should be parallel and woven as shown.
- Fold the two strips of Strip ① indicated by the red arrows upward to the right and weave as shown.
- Fold the same two strips downward to the right, as indicated by the red arrows.
- Fold the strip indicated by the arrow upward to the right.
- Turn over to the back, fold the strip indicated by the arrow to the front, and insert through the next strip as shown.
- Turn back to the front. Insert the strip indicated by the red arrow through the strip as shown.
- Turn the reindeer over so that the head is on the left. Trim the indicated strip.
- Fold the front legs and antlers as shown. Trim any excess as necessary. Complete.
for more projects here
Ⓒ 2020 Kagocraft. All Rights Reserved.