Mini Colorful Basket Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 7" x 4 1/2" x 3" (Approximately 8" with handle)
Skill level: ★★☆☆☆
Prepare the Craft Band 13mm for this project
|1||Horizontal strip||18cm||4||12||Vitamin Orange|
|2||Horizontal strip||44cm||2||12||Vitamin Orange|
|3||Horizontal strip||120cm||1||12||Vitamin Orange|
|4||Support strip||11cm||2||12||Vitamin Orange|
|5||Vertical strip||38cm||5||12||Vitamin Orange|
|6||Vertical strip||38cm||2||12||Vitamin Orange|
|7||Reinforcement strip||18cm||2||12||Vitamin Orange|
|8||Weaving strip||64cm||4||12||Vitamin Orange|
|10||Rim strip||64cm||2||12||Vitamin Orange|
1.Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1, 2, & 3 as shown.
2.Turn over, and glue Vertical strips along both sides as shown.
3.Flip back over, and weave the remaining Vertical strips as shown.
4.Glue the Reinforcement strips along the top and bottom as shown.
5. Fold all strips upward as shown.
6.After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue.
Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
7. Repeat weaving with the remaining Weaving strips as shown, until 5 rows are completed. Gradually pull the vertical strips to tighten the gaps between the rows.
8. Make the handle of the basket using the longest Horizontal strip.
9. The other end should go over the handle made in Step 8
10. For all of the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward.
11. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into the third row from the top.
12. Tuck one of the Rim strips in between the top row and the remaining vertical strips.
13. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into the third row from the top.
14. Using the other Rim strip, insert through every other vertical strip as shown.
15. This is how it looks.
16. Using the longest Bow strip, lightly fold both sides and glue as shown.
17. Wrap the second Bow strip around the center, hiding the seam.
Glue the bow to the basket as shown and it's done!