Ribbon Square Box Plain Weave
Skill level: ★☆☆☆☆
Prepare the Craft Band 15mm for this project
- Make the base. Using the Horizontal strips 1 and 2, place horizontally, alternating by length as shown. Make sure that all of the strips are centered. Secure it with the masking tape.
- Glue the Support strips on both ends as shown.
- Turn over, and glue the Vertical strips along both sides as shown.
- Flip back to the front side. Take two of the vertical strips and weave as shown, alternating over and under.
- Push out to either side.
- Weave the last vertical strip in the center, taking care to reverse the over and under effect from Step 4.
- Make sure that all of the vertical strips are aligned, and glue the horizontal support strip along the top and bottom as shown.
- Fold all strips upward as shown.
- Take a weaving strip and place the end behind the second vertical strip and secure with a clip or clothespin. Weave alternately, use clothespins to help keep in place.
- After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue. Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
- Using another weaving strip, weave the second row by starting at the third vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain even thickness. As in step 9, place the end behind the vertical strip and secure with a clothespin.
- Weave alternately. This row should have the opposite effect of the first row.
- Repeat until 5 rows have been woven as shown.
- Just for the vertical strips that are on the outside of the top row, fold inward.
- Cut any excess and tuck them into the third row. The ends should be hidden once tucked in.
- Place the Rim strip between the 5th row strip and the remaining vertical strips for reinforcement as shown.
- Fold the remaining vertical strips over the rim outward.
- Cut any excess and tuck the ends into the third row. Make sure that the ends are hidden once tucked in.
- Cut the second Rim strip into a point as shown.
- Weave top row alternately with the Rim strip as shown. The end of the Rim strip should be hidden by a vertical strip to maintain a seamless look.
- Take the longest strip for the ribbon portion and glue the ends together. Flatten the middle portion, the seam should be in the middle.
22.Take the longest strip for the ribbon portion and glue the ends together. Flatten the middle portion, the seam should be in the middle.
23.Use the shorter strip to wrap around the middle to achieve the bow look and glue in the back.