Stitch Line Bag Plain Weave
Finished Dimensions: 9 13/16" x 4 5/16" x 6 5/16" (13 3/4" including handles)
Skill level: ★★★☆☆
- KaGOcraft's 15mm Craft Band
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Clips or Clothespins
- Starter tool kit
Prepare the Craft Band 15mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket (Craft)
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket (Stitch Champagne Gold Black)
Color C: Accent Color of the Basket (Stitch Platinum White)
- Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1 & 2 alternately as shown. Make sure they are centered.
- Turn over. Glue Vertical strip 4 along both sides. Make sure they are centered. (Tip: Fold Vertical strip 4 in half to find the center.)
- Flip back to the front. Weave Vertical strip 5, alternating each row, as shown.
- Push out to either side. Again, make sure these strips are centered.
- Use 2 Vertical strip 4 and weave. Make sure that the weave pattern is the opposite of the weave in Step 4.
- Then push out to either side.
- Weave Vertical strip 6 in the same manner as Step 4, and push out to either side.
- Use remaining Vertical strip 4 and weave in the center. The weave pattern is the same as Step 6. Evenly space out all strips, and make sure they are lined up evenly.
11. Fold all strips upward.
12. Attach one (1) Weaving strip 8 to the back of Vertical strip 5 with a clothespin, as shown. Weave over and under the vertical strips around the base.
13. Weave around the corners with a light crease.
14. Make a corner by folding. Use clothespins to help keep in place.
- Glue the ends of the weaving strip together behind the vertical strip to achieve a seamless look. Cut excess if necessary.
- The first row is complete.
- Start the second row with a new Weaving strip 8, at the third vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain an even thickness. Weave over and under. The weave pattern should be opposite of the first row.
- The second row is complete.
19. Weave the third row with Weaving strip 9.
- Continue to weave with Weaving strips 8 and 9 for a total of 11 rows, as shown. Pull vertical strips gradually to tighten the gaps between each row.
21. Sides should look as shown.
- For the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward, except for Vertical strip 5 as shown. (Black strips in photo).
- Tuck the folded strips into the third row from the top, as shown. Trim excess so that the ends are hidden behind the weaving strip.
- Using one of Rim Reinforcement strip 10, insert between the top row and the remaining vertical strips. Then fold Rim the vertical strips outward.
25. Try to hide the joined ends of Rim strip behind a vertical strip.
26. Tuck the folded strips into the third row from the top, as shown. Trim excess so that the ends are hidden behind the weaving strip.
27. All vertical strips have been tucked down except for the Vertical strip 5 (Black strips in photo). All the strips are tucked down except black strips for handle.
- Trim one end of the other Rim Reinforcement strip to make a point. Insert through every other vertical strip as shown. The weave pattern should be the same as the third row from the top. The end of the Rim Reinforcement strip should be hidden by a vertical strip to maintain a seamless look.
29. The body of the basket is now complete.
Make handle, tuck down to 3rd row.
- Using Handle strip 11, insert as shown on the inside of the basket and tuck ends into the third row from the top.
- Apply glue to the Vertical strip 5 and adhere to Handle strip 11.
- Insert Handle strip 12 on the outside down to the fourth row from the top as shown. Apply glue evenly and stick to the Vertical strip 5 and Handle strip 13.
- Repeat Steps 30 to 32 on the other side.