Winter Heart Ornament Tutorial
Get ready to decorate for the holidays by making this adorable "heart" ornament!
Finished Dimensions: 11cm x 11cm
- Gorilla Wood Glue is highly recommended for best results.
- Under “Prepare the Craft Band” below, the components are listed in the order they will be used.
- Finished item may vary slightly in size from the dimensions above.
- At KaGOcraft, we prefer to use centimeters for our measurements instead of inches, as it’s more precise for our projects and will yield the best results in the finished item.
- KaGOcraft’s Craft Band in Light Choco, Sky, Pink, and Cherry
Prepare the Craft Band:
Heart (Large) Strip 15cm x 7 pcs (4 thread width)
Heart (Medium) Strip 10cm x 7 pcs (4 thread width)
Heart (Small) Strip 6cm x 2 colors (4 thread width)
Color A: 6 pcs; Color B: 1 pc
Flower Petal ① Strip 5.5cm x 7 pcs (4 thread width)
Flower Petal ② Strip 4.5cm x 7 pcs (4 thread width)
Center Strip ① Strip 9.5cm x 1 pc (4 thread width)
Center Strip ② Strip 6.5cm x 1 pc (4 thread width)
- Using one strip of the Heart (Large) Strip, fold in half. Apply glue at the fold. Repeat with the remaining strips.
- Fold at the crease made in Step 1. Use a clothespin to hold in place, about 5mm. Allow glue to cure and dry.
- Remove the clothespin. Lightly bend the strips down on either side and glue the ends together to create a heart shape. Use a clothespin to hold ends in place.
- Repeat Steps 1 to 3 with one strip of the Heart (Medium) Strip. Shape one strip of Heart (Small) Strip into a heart as shown. Repeat with the remaining strips of each.
Apply glue at certain spots and put the three hearts together as shown. ❈Note that one of the small hearts is a different color than the rest. <Color A x 6, Color B x 1>
- Fold Flower Petal Strips ① and ② in half.
- Apply glue to the outside of the folded Flower Petal Strip ① to connect two hearts together.
Use the folded remaining strips of Flower Petal Strip ① to connect all of the hearts together. Apply glue to where the hearts meet, as indicated by ●.
- Apply glue to the outside of the folded Flower Petal Strip ② and insert into the gaps of Flower Petal Strip ①, as shown.
- All of the folded Flower Petal Strips ② have been inserted.
- Using Center Strip ①, create a double wrap circle, matching the size to the center of the arrangement in the previous step. Secure with glue.
- Using Center Strip , create a double wrap circle to fit into the circle created in Step 11. Secure with glue.
Insert the completed center circle from Step 12 into the middle of the arrangement from Step 10 and secure with glue. Completed!
Any question?for more projects hereⒸ 2020 Kraftband Ecology Association. All Rights Reserved.