Finished Dimensions: 11.5cm x 12cm x 11cm
- Gorilla Wood Glue is highly recommended for best results.
- Different color strips are used in photos for the applicable step.
- Finished item may vary slightly in size from the dimensions above.
- At KaGOcraft, we prefer to use centimeters for our measurements instead of inches, as it's more precise for our projects and will yield the best results in the finished item.
Skill level: ★★☆☆☆
- KaGOcraft's 15mm Craft Band
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Clips or Clothespins
- Starter tool kit
Prepare the Craft Band 15mm for this project
Color A: Main Color of the Basket (Pastel Mocha Vanilla Total 881cm)
Color B: Accent Color of the Basket (Edo Murasaki Total 168cm)
Accent Paper Cord Braided (Marron Glasse Total 57cm)
||Inner Rim strip
||Outer Rim strip
1. Make the base. Arrange Horizontal strips 1, & 2 as shown. Place the longest horizontal strip in the middle. Make sure that all of the strips are centered.
2. Glue the Support strips along both sides as shown.
3. Turn over, and glue Vertical strips along both sides as shown. Make sure they are centered.
4. Flip back to the front side. Take two of the vertical strips and weave as shown, alternating over and under.
5. Push out to either side.
6. Weave the last vertical strip in the center, taking care to reverse the over and under effect from Step 4.
7. Glue the Reinforcement strips along the top and bottom as shown.
8. Fold all strips upward as shown. Take a weaving strip and place the end behind the second vertical strip and secure with a clip or clothespin. Weave alternately, use clothespins to help keep in place.
9. Slightly fold corners to keep in place.
10. After weaving the first row cut off any excess and glue.
Make sure that the ends are hidden by the vertical strips.
11. Using a new (8) Weaving strip, start the second row at the 3rd vertical strip on the opposite side of the basket to maintain an even thickness. Weave over and under.
12. Repeat weaving with the remaining Weaving strips as shown, until 7 rows are completed. Gradually pull the vertical strips to tighten the gaps between the rows.
13. For all of the vertical strips on the outside of the top row, fold inward.
14. Cut off excess as necessary and tuck the ends into the 3rd row from the top. Ends should be unseen.
15. Place the Inner Rim strip between the 7th row strip and the remaining vertical strips for reinforcement as shown.
16. All the strips in side of the top row, fold outward, then tuck them into the 3rd row from the top. Ends should be unseen.
17. Tuck Accent strip into 1st row in the center.
18. Repeat it up until 6th row as shown on the picture.
19.Repeat on the remaining 3 sides.
20. Apply glue to the top row, and attach outer rim strip and finish!
Ⓒ 2020 Kraftband Ecology Association. All Rights Reserved.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device