Pine Corn & Christmas Tree Tutorial Craft Band
Make these pine cones with KaGOcraft’s Craft Band to decorate your home for the holidays!
Finished Dimensions: 4cm in diameter
- Gorilla Wood Glue is highly recommended for best results.
- Under “Prepare the Craft Band” below, the strips are listed in the order they will be used.
- Finished item may vary slightly in size from the dimensions above.
- At KaGOcraft, we prefer to use centimeters for our measurements instead of inches, as it’s more precise for our projects and will yield the best results in the finished item.
- KaGOcraft’s Craft Band, in Brown and Pastel Marron
- Clips or Clothepins
Prepare the Craft Band:
Braiding Strip Ⓐ 100cm x 6 pcs (1 thread width) Brown
Braiding Strip Ⓑ 100cm x 3 pcs (1 thread width) Pastel Marron
- Following the braiding method of our Sweet Rose Strap, create a braided strip.
- Apply glue to the knotted end.
- Using a clothespin to hold the loose end of the knot, wrap the braided strip around the knot, applying glue and slowly shifting the wrapping by 3mm to 5mm.
- <Inside View> Continue to wrap, taking care to shape into a pine cone shape while wrapping.
- While wrapping, wind the bottom portion of the pine cone so that it gradually becomes a little smaller, as shown.
- Once wrapping has been completed, secure the end with glue.
The same method can be applied to make a small Christmas Tree! Prepare 15 threads of green and 3 threads of white, all 350cm in length for small Tree. Each braid bunch should be 5 threads of green and 1 thread white. Wrap and wind into a cone shape and it’s a tree!